Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Smarter looking and with an idea


...look at me. I'm THINKING. And I look like I'm getting good at it, huh? Reel proud like, I am, with the smirky smile and all. Don't you think I look so much smarter with my glasses on? I found this picture buried in a file from a while back when I had just gotten new glasses and the husband had to take a snap. It was actually titled "Smarter Looking". No, I'm not kidding!

Hehehehe... ok, so seriously, no..... wait. I have to laugh at myself again.

hahahaaaa... I'm frickin ridiculous looking, that's what. Now. Ahem.

I’m thinking about doing a "Best of the Blogs" book.

Huh? Why? You ask. Well, you know, there are so many times when I am sitting here on my computer and I just LAUGH OUT LOUD (yes for real and for seriously, just like I did up there) at something, someone, somewhere, has written. I want to put these all together in a lil’ book. I know, I know, I’d have to get people’s, you know, permission and stuff, but it’d be fun and it’d be a way for me to learn more about LULU… my high stress job that I need to learn more about.

Oh say what? Yes indeed, I gots this here part-time job, anyways. It don’t pay much, but it’s real interesting like and he hired me even though I talked a lil funny like this here.

Oh I’m not serious. I talked like a perfectly normal Barbie doll.

But despite that fact, he still hired me.

The place I manage is being sold on DECEMBER 29th. Oh, you're right, that is only 24 days from now! Gosh! It’s so wonderful that my employers waited to tell me for so long, and that the date of the Big Change is just a couple days after Christmas. Guess what Santa's bringing me this year? A big old NON paycheck! Hooray! A NOTJOB! Woo-hoo!

Christmas.... sigh. Holiday of Hell for some of us. Great tidings of clothing and toys, clothing and toys…. Ok now I’m singing sarcastic Christmas carols. This has got to stop. But then again, my job’s gonna stop soon, so what the hell. Might as well go nuts. I think they feed you and keep you warm in the looney bin… OOPS. Sorry if I leaked bitter on the keyboard….

The end result? I need to learn all about Lulu and fast. I have discovered that what I know about lulu that I thought was a perfectly adequate amount of information turns out to be... not so much. In fact, I'm pretty damn ignorant. So. I'm thinking of projects to DEW. So…. I’m looking for publishing projects. I think a “Best of the Blogs” book would be great fun… hey maybe a comic book, with a post on one page, and a picture on the other… huh? Well, I seriously doubt anyone’s actually reading this post, but I’ll leave it up for a long time, so if you DO read this and you think this is a...

  1. GREAT idea, way to go, Kaat! Get on it, people will want to contribute, and by the way, here’s my favorite blog post… OR....
  2. Sucky, horrible idea, God you are so stooooopid. People will be offended at the very thought of you putting their creative genius into the pages of a book….

Tell me, would you? Either way. And if you’re a funny/great/intelligent/interesting …etcetera and etcetera… blogger and would like to submit a post toward my lil’ project, gimme a holler out, huh? The email’s really simple:

meowkaat@hotmail.com

Or artwork. If you’re an artist and would like to contribute- shout out that too, please.

It's not like I can pay anyone anything. But it's also not like I'll make a bunch of billions and chuckle over my neat little scam, either. It's just a idea and some people might want their stuff in print. Let me know what you think.

I’m waiting for your input.

Come on. Help me.

11 comments:

Bitty said...

So, you're specifically looking for funny? Oh, dear. That wouldn't be me. Anyway, as I just read through Shakespeare's Sister, Christopher Hitchens says women aren't funny and women wouldn't know funny if it bit them in the boob. He should know. People pay him a lot of money to write.

You're not laughing, are you? We're both females, so I'm not funny and you don't have a sense of humor. It's impossible.

Stop laughing.

Bitty said...

Seriously, though, I'll get back to you as soon as I get out from under my avalanche of papers.

And you need to tell me where this PayPal account is that everyone else but me seems to know about. I might have to send your kids a box of cookies for Christmas.

eddyquette said...

Hi,

Well, I'd love to give a simple A) or B) answer, but find that hard to do. Personally, I really like your idea, but I'm not sure as to how one could capture the quality of a truly great blog post within the book format. Maybe it's just me, but I often find that an outstanding blog post derives part of its greatness from the context of the author's entire blog - anything from style and layout to a person's profile, etc., their previous posts, the kind of personality purveyed through their entire oeuvre(God I'm so arty) and so forth. D'you know what I mean, or would you disagree?

All the best if you do decide to go ahead and I'd certainly love to read more about your approach, etc., as work progresses. Hope I haven't dampened your enthusiasm too badly and cheerio from warm, un-decemberish Germany!

Josh said...

I'll be waiting for that Best of the Blogs book. Sounds like a great idea!

Meowkaat said...

hehehe... bitty, I love you.
eddy, and mr. cowboy, thanks for stopping by. I don't recognize your names. I'll have to go a'visiting your blogs.
I agree that you'd lose big pieces of personality (I'm so not arty, heehee) with the book idea. BUT. Here was my thought... you could use artwork, maybe the profile, or photos etc. from the blog itself on the opposite page, as the corresponding artwork for the post, in keeping with the theme/context idea. Not as good as the whole blog, but it gives you a general feel for the thing.
I'm thinking it's like a blogroll on paper... free publicity. Maybe people would go for it. I dunno. I'll keep thinking on it, and if there are more readers reading this, give me your INUPT please.
(I can see you've been here... there's a counter. I'm so SNEEEEKY)

Josh said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Your thoughts and opinions are always appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Errrrr... If you make that idea fly, I will become rich w/ a scratch lottery ticket. No Way. Better alternative is to knock James Frey on his lying ass and write a *real* memoir. And even that's a long shot.

Sim

Josh said...

Or maybe even an online book?

Josh said...

I think I might get some fake artsy glasses for Christmas.

eddyquette said...

So? What's the status quo? "We should be told", as English people like to claim when writing letters to their local newspaper/their MP. Okay, so I'm just curious...

Meowkaat said...

well, it's going to be a slow process. So much for learnign fast. this job is actually learning by fire... stress stress stress! But it's stretching for me, so that's good.
Now as for my best of book, i have to find what i want in it... a time-consumer, and then get permission from eahc blog owner... more time. I will keep everyone updated on my progress, or lack thereof. ;P
Now what are you doing here? Go vote for Trollbaby at the weblog awards!